The totally shame-free, actual-life, real-time blog where I tell all, show all--without nagging or whining (all right--maybe a little whining...)--in my attempt to stop being a fat middle-aged woman who avoids mirrors and clothing stores and start being a woman at home in her body...brought to you by a real woman, the Independent Weltha Herself. I won't give any advice, and I'm not asking for any--just companionship on my journey.

Every day...a new post. Every other week...my real weight. Every month...new pictures.

For every woman who has ever tried to just lose the extra weight and feel good...overall and about herself...and who lived to tell the story.


Monday, January 31, 2011

Day the 82nd Saturday 1/29/11

So very little to tell...suffice it to say that I had no access to a computer BECAUSE I WAS SICKER THAN A DOG WITH THE FLU.

It was "no bueno" once again. So easy to tell you all about what I ate and the exercise I got in.

The exercise consisted of shooing the cats off me when I did not need them lying on the pressure points on my legs. (Experiment: get a fairly heavy male cat to walk on the outside of your thigh when you are lying down...it hurts...oh it hurts...) and going to the bathroom because I was drinking water as if I were being paid by the glassful.

Food? Well, I had not eaten on Thursday (because I felt so lousy) or on Friday (ditto) or on Saturday morning (third verse, same as the first...) but Saturday evening, I called in an order to Pei Wei Asian Diner and the next thing I knew, I was headed there to pick up edamame and Asian Chopped Chicken Salad (my favorite...yes, my favorite). I ate the edamame and about 1/3 of the salad and thought, "That's it! I'm not hungry now." Saved the rest for Sunday.

I'll post this afternoon for today, Monday, January 31, 2011. Let's just say that I'm okay, I'm at work (which I left early on Friday because I felt sooooooooooo bad), and I'm much, much better. Moral of the story: don't eat when you're sick. Don't let someone tell you how much you need protein, energy, whatever. Your body doesn't need to be wasting energy on digestion. If you live in a western nation, you probably are not at risk for not having enough protein. Let your body rest. Let it heal.

And...until I can announce "Woo hoo, found a new apartment," I am going to be reminding you on every post that I am looking for a new place to live and if you live in "my city" and you know of something reasonable that will take 2 cats and isn't in the worst part of town...let me know. Many thanks to Brandi K for her suggestion--which I will pursue. I mean, come on folks! Let's solve this one together!

Love you all a bunch,

Independently,

Weltha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for havin' your say! You're an INDEPENDENT WOMAN (or an INDEPENDENT MAN!), too! Just remember, this is an ADVICE-FREE ZONE...so please send the advice back to its room, and PLEASE comment about what you've done or just join in the ray-rah!

Independently,

Weltha