The totally shame-free, actual-life, real-time blog where I tell all, show all--without nagging or whining (all right--maybe a little whining...)--in my attempt to stop being a fat middle-aged woman who avoids mirrors and clothing stores and start being a woman at home in her body...brought to you by a real woman, the Independent Weltha Herself. I won't give any advice, and I'm not asking for any--just companionship on my journey.

Every day...a new post. Every other week...my real weight. Every month...new pictures.

For every woman who has ever tried to just lose the extra weight and feel good...overall and about herself...and who lived to tell the story.


Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day the 55th

Read it here first...I have started a new journal.

This journal details:
  1. How much water I drink each day
  2. How much of my supplements and vitamins I take each day
  3. Overall, what I eat
  4. My mood
  5. How much SLEEP I managed to get the night before
  6. Movement--exercise, walking, carrying stuff out to the trash, housework...anything
  7. 5 things for which I am grateful that day
  8. One thing that is kind or thoughtful or good that I have done for someone else that day
  9. One thing that I have done for myself

And I think that's it! A friend does this each day--Poodle--and I decided to do it, too.

Went to Pei Wei for lunch today, and had 2 servings of steamed edamame ("no salt") and it was so good and fun to eat. Saw Susan who works there and is a friend from before I started going to Pei Wei. And this morning, my breakfast was a beautiful, ripe, juicy Ruby Red Grapefruit from Texas...those Texans sure know how to grow grapefruit...

Here's the deal--this works for me. I like eating this way. I wasn't hungry afterwards until I realized "hey, it's lunch time and yes, I do want something to eat!" I love that...

I am taking a little vacation and visiting some other churches that I have longed to see, as in loooooooooonged...St. Jerome's is my home, but it's fun to go on a trip so you can doubly enjoy coming home and staying there. Today, I visited Trinity with my friend Keith the English Prof and we sat with Bill the Presence. Such a beautiful service--a great homily--incredible music--gorgeous, awe-inspiring nave--lovely people. It was so cool to be there. I'm going to visit there and Holy Family a few times before wending my way back home.

And it's back on the Correct Eating and Weight Loss Trail I go! Who's with me?

And hey! post your New Year's Resolutions!

Love you and thank you for joining me...

Independently,

Weltha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for havin' your say! You're an INDEPENDENT WOMAN (or an INDEPENDENT MAN!), too! Just remember, this is an ADVICE-FREE ZONE...so please send the advice back to its room, and PLEASE comment about what you've done or just join in the ray-rah!

Independently,

Weltha