The totally shame-free, actual-life, real-time blog where I tell all, show all--without nagging or whining (all right--maybe a little whining...)--in my attempt to stop being a fat middle-aged woman who avoids mirrors and clothing stores and start being a woman at home in her body...brought to you by a real woman, the Independent Weltha Herself. I won't give any advice, and I'm not asking for any--just companionship on my journey.

Every day...a new post. Every other week...my real weight. Every month...new pictures.

For every woman who has ever tried to just lose the extra weight and feel good...overall and about herself...and who lived to tell the story.


Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day the 69th

Once again, the exercise answer is NO.

I am terribly adept at ignoring ways to just do it. I mean, breakfast yesterday with a friend, an afternoon of errands, etc., and finally, dinner and a movie with another friend.

I didn't eat terrible things, although I didn't drink enough water. I did manage enough sleep--and everything I read says that not enough sleep impairs our ability to manage our weight.

And today is going to be philosophical--I've been thinking of the ways in which discontent can become nothing more than a bad habit. I mean, all of us want more something--more job security, more money, more "out of debt", more things we genuinely need. And unfortunately, American society tends toward immediate gratification. Not enough money to buy a new sofa? Put it on a credit card or use the store's charge plan. Never mind that you pay through the nose--you have what you want right now.

And the sense of entitlement--I see it in students at times, in adults, and even in myself. I'm tired of that. I have a feeling this is part of what has managed to make my weight go up. I'm entitled to eat (fill in the blank) because I'm single, I'm lonely, I don't have anything to do today, I'm bored, I don't have lots of money, I don't have a new sofa [are we detecting a theme here?], I can't buy a new car yet...

I've really had enough of it all. I mean, enough of this "I deserve what I want when I want it."

So...I'm listing some of today's things for which I am grateful right here on the blog:
  • The money I do have. It pays the bills and some is left over.
  • My job. I have one.
  • My blue eyes--I mean, I didn't do anything to have them, but I do like them. I like what I look like. Even the large, economy size, I like it.

So that's it...we only have today, and we really can choose to make it a good day and enjoy life, or we can be little brats and whine.

I think I'll pass on the whiny-osity...

And eat something good for me tonight. And run on the rebounder. Catch you tomorrow...

Independently,

Weltha

2 comments:

  1. You go, girl! I totally agree that we have a choice so we might as well choose to be happy.

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott / Bonnie--you said a MOUTHFUL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for havin' your say! You're an INDEPENDENT WOMAN (or an INDEPENDENT MAN!), too! Just remember, this is an ADVICE-FREE ZONE...so please send the advice back to its room, and PLEASE comment about what you've done or just join in the ray-rah!

Independently,

Weltha