The totally shame-free, actual-life, real-time blog where I tell all, show all--without nagging or whining (all right--maybe a little whining...)--in my attempt to stop being a fat middle-aged woman who avoids mirrors and clothing stores and start being a woman at home in her body...brought to you by a real woman, the Independent Weltha Herself. I won't give any advice, and I'm not asking for any--just companionship on my journey.

Every day...a new post. Every other week...my real weight. Every month...new pictures.

For every woman who has ever tried to just lose the extra weight and feel good...overall and about herself...and who lived to tell the story.


Monday, January 10, 2011

Day the 62nd Sunday 1/10/11

And this is gonna be fast...Sunday...I ate nothing. I mean, I meant to eat something but I got into Major Cleaning Mode, and the day just zipped by as I cleaned in the kitchen, cleaned some more in the bathroom, cleaned on a closet in the bedroom...

I cleaned, Reader. I cleaned.

And I drank water.

And periodically, I sat down and read a book or crocheted on Jenny's baby's afghan or watched a movie.

But mostly, I cleaned.

It's like a metaphor for weight loss...we clean up our eating, we clean up our food habits, we clean out our bodies by not eating junk and by eating GOOD FOOD--and it's contagious. Each little change leads us to the next.

So here we are, 10 days after New Year's. Make a step. Even a small one. Conquer it. See how contagious success is.

Don't try to change everything at once. Change just a few--maybe just one.

And watch what happens. Does anyone have a success story out there?

Independently,

Weltha

3 comments:

  1. I'm taking baby steps here. I'm not consciously cutting anything out. That always backfires. But I'm making sure one thing I eat each day is an apple or another piece of fruit. I did it every day last week and today, too. (I think I missed a day this weekend.) What I did notice, is that today, after having an apple and cheese and some crackers for lunch, it seemed dumb to go buy a candy bar out of the machine. So I didn't. Whaaaaaat??? I know, right? Thanks for the inspiration!

    And now that I'm blogging a little myself, I totally understand your need for comments and followers. I'll do better about commenting, but I do read every blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nesser...this is brilliant of you. ADDING in and not cutting out. I totally love that you are reading my blog!!!

    And I totally love that you posted this because it's inspiring to all of us. Yes, we put in more GOOD to push out the BAD. I am so proud of you because trust me, I have been a major candy-bar-from-the-machine addict. Major one. As in, I need to go to a meeting about it!

    Love you and yes, we have to do Pei Wei sometime.

    Weltha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same thing when I'm cleaning-- forget to eat. I can't wait to see that afghan. The Lord loveth a healthy, well-fed crochet-er, and so do I.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for havin' your say! You're an INDEPENDENT WOMAN (or an INDEPENDENT MAN!), too! Just remember, this is an ADVICE-FREE ZONE...so please send the advice back to its room, and PLEASE comment about what you've done or just join in the ray-rah!

Independently,

Weltha