The totally shame-free, actual-life, real-time blog where I tell all, show all--without nagging or whining (all right--maybe a little whining...)--in my attempt to stop being a fat middle-aged woman who avoids mirrors and clothing stores and start being a woman at home in her body...brought to you by a real woman, the Independent Weltha Herself. I won't give any advice, and I'm not asking for any--just companionship on my journey.

Every day...a new post. Every other week...my real weight. Every month...new pictures.

For every woman who has ever tried to just lose the extra weight and feel good...overall and about herself...and who lived to tell the story.


Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day the 66th

Reader, I did it. I exercised. Yes, yes, I did.

All right...it was "only" 6 minutes on the rebounder,at a pace that wouldn't make a real athlete breathe harder. At all. But then, I'm not a real athlete. Just a middle-aged woman who is overweight and out of shape--but not for long...

I now have a dedicated work-out outfit, and I have a plan. I'm increasing the time 1 minute per day until I reach 30 minutes. Then, I am working on running faster and harder on my charming little rebounder. When I've pushed that pretty far, I'm increasing the time again 1 minute per day until I hit 45 minutes. I'm going to post every single day about this. Oh, next Weigh-In Wednesday is January 26, 2011. Mark your calendars...

Got a feelin' that I'm going to love this. Right now is the hard part--the getting started, but I had a major sense of accomplishment last night.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with but a single step.

I have taken that step. We're goin' on it now!

And ate yogurt with blueberries, walnuts, agave (a sweetener with a low glycemic index--so it doesn't make your blood sugar spike and trigger a flood of insulin from your pancreas...this is all not good for you and I don't want to take time to go into it. You can get agave at the grocery store these days. It's all the rage), and cashew butter. Oh, the yogurt is the wonderful Fage Greek yogurt--which is thicker AND it is higher in protein. It's good stuff--and if you read the label, Fage doesn't have a bunch of (or any) junk in it.

And had a pear. A Bosc...and my other Boscs need to ripen more. They were--in the words of my late and dear mother--as hard as brick bats. I guess that's pretty hard...

I DID IT. WOO HOO FOR WELTHA!

Independently,

Weltha

2 comments:

  1. Very good Weltha. I was diligently exercising 5 days a week BEFORE the holidays. Then THEY came; but then I got sick and lost appetite, so I didn't gain anything....just now have to work back to exercising again. Ugh! Gonna join the gym across the street tomorrow. WAAAY to cold & snowy to do anything outside here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Girl! Keep it up. Know you are not alone....I need to lose another 25 pounds. Lost 20 so far.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for havin' your say! You're an INDEPENDENT WOMAN (or an INDEPENDENT MAN!), too! Just remember, this is an ADVICE-FREE ZONE...so please send the advice back to its room, and PLEASE comment about what you've done or just join in the ray-rah!

Independently,

Weltha