Reader, it's going down.
Yes, my weight is slowly but surely inching lower. No, I'm not posting yet because...because next Wednesday is Weigh-In Wednesday, January 26, 2011. So mark your calendars (oh, like anyone is going to do this...) and tune in for The Big News.
Today, I promised to write what I want. In addition to World Peace (there, I could have been a Miss America contestant...not in this lifetime, not this feminist...),
- To fit the bangin' wardrobe that lurks in my closet. Recently, I took a close look at a lovely tawny cat's-eye-colored party skirt and a coordinating black sweater that I am going to wear next year to party events. Also under close scrutiny is a cream cotton knit dress that will be a dream in the autumn. I can't wait. Cannot. Wait.
- To enjoy looking in the mirror at more than just my face. I mean, I don't have to look at myself and say, "Whoa! Super-Model!" but I do want to look at me and think, "Oh yeah, got it goin' on..."
- To never again worry about fitting theater and airline seats comfortably. I mean, it's already better, but I want to never have a moment's wonder if it's going to be a tight squeeze or not.
- To be able to order some totally great clothes from The J. Peterman Company online. Have you been there?
to http://www.jpeterman.com/!1YoE7HFcQmnFldt2Tk1QEA!/ ?
For real, for real, some of the best-looking, classic, elegant clothing I have seen in ages...and deep discounts on items you will keep and wear for years right now during their big after-the-holidays anti-recession sale.
- To deserve the lovely French description of soignée, which means "carefully or elegantly done" or "well-groomed" according to our friends at Dictionary.com
- To feel attractive and self-confident, although I am learning that even at the top of my fightin' weight here, I can feel exactly that way. It really is a matter of attitude. I really do feel attractive, and I am finding that I am increasingly self-confident.
And now you know...this is what I want.
This is what I am working for, blogging for, exercising [clears throat] for.
This is what I am going to have.
And you're going to be there with me.