The totally shame-free, actual-life, real-time blog where I tell all, show all--without nagging or whining (all right--maybe a little whining...)--in my attempt to stop being a fat middle-aged woman who avoids mirrors and clothing stores and start being a woman at home in her body...brought to you by a real woman, the Independent Weltha Herself. I won't give any advice, and I'm not asking for any--just companionship on my journey.

Every day...a new post. Every other week...my real weight. Every month...new pictures.

For every woman who has ever tried to just lose the extra weight and feel good...overall and about herself...and who lived to tell the story.


Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day the 72nd

Ah...what a pleasant surprise I received this morning when I stepped on the scales.

Reader, it's going down.

Yes, my weight is slowly but surely inching lower. No, I'm not posting yet because...because next Wednesday is Weigh-In Wednesday, January 26, 2011. So mark your calendars (oh, like anyone is going to do this...) and tune in for The Big News.

Today, I promised to write what I want. In addition to World Peace (there, I could have been a Miss America contestant...not in this lifetime, not this feminist...),

I want:

  • To fit the bangin' wardrobe that lurks in my closet. Recently, I took a close look at a lovely tawny cat's-eye-colored party skirt and a coordinating black sweater that I am going to wear next year to party events. Also under close scrutiny is a cream cotton knit dress that will be a dream in the autumn. I can't wait. Cannot. Wait.
  • To enjoy looking in the mirror at more than just my face. I mean, I don't have to look at myself and say, "Whoa! Super-Model!" but I do want to look at me and think, "Oh yeah, got it goin' on..."
  • To never again worry about fitting theater and airline seats comfortably. I mean, it's already better, but I want to never have a moment's wonder if it's going to be a tight squeeze or not.
  • To be able to order some totally great clothes from The J. Peterman Company online. Have you been there?

    to http://www.jpeterman.com/!1YoE7HFcQmnFldt2Tk1QEA!/ ?

    For real, for real,
    some of the best-looking, classic, elegant clothing I have seen in ages...and deep discounts on items you will keep and wear for years right now during their big after-the-holidays anti-recession sale.
  • To deserve the lovely French description of soignée, which means "carefully or elegantly done" or "well-groomed" according to our friends at Dictionary.com
  • To feel attractive and self-confident, although I am learning that even at the top of my fightin' weight here, I can feel exactly that way. It really is a matter of attitude. I really do feel attractive, and I am finding that I am increasingly self-confident.

And now you know...this is what I want.

This is what I am working for, blogging for, exercising [clears throat] for.

This is what I am going to have.

And you're going to be there with me.

Independently,

Weltha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for havin' your say! You're an INDEPENDENT WOMAN (or an INDEPENDENT MAN!), too! Just remember, this is an ADVICE-FREE ZONE...so please send the advice back to its room, and PLEASE comment about what you've done or just join in the ray-rah!

Independently,

Weltha