The totally shame-free, actual-life, real-time blog where I tell all, show all--without nagging or whining (all right--maybe a little whining...)--in my attempt to stop being a fat middle-aged woman who avoids mirrors and clothing stores and start being a woman at home in her body...brought to you by a real woman, the Independent Weltha Herself. I won't give any advice, and I'm not asking for any--just companionship on my journey.

Every day...a new post. Every other week...my real weight. Every month...new pictures.

For every woman who has ever tried to just lose the extra weight and feel good...overall and about herself...and who lived to tell the story.


Friday, January 28, 2011

Day the 81st

What a week, what a week!

First, the conjunctivitis (which was actually "more" than that, but I didn't go into detail) and then the wrangling with the apt complex--and now...I am fighting congestion, coughing and sneezing and general feeling "no bueno."

I think it's stress, and that's okay...my body is handling it. As in "handling it."

But here's a little shorty and some good news...I have been tempted into weighing myself. Again. This morning. I know, generally not a good idea. But today, it was a great idea.

And the good news is that my weight is down to 227. If you've just joined us, you may be thinking "just 227?!?!"

Yes, just 227. You cannot be aware of it, but I started at 250 (bleegh...) and have been up to 265 in the past, or what I like to refer to as my whale incarnation. I did not enjoy that. Not at all.

What does this mean? It means that as of 11 1/2 weeks of eating correctly and occasional exercise, I am right on target: a weight loss of 23 lbs = 2 lbs/wk for 11.5 wks.

Oh yeah, I'm happy.

Meanwhile, no exercise last night because of this nonsense with congestion, etc. And yes, it made me run to the Women's because all the coughing and drainage made me feel...yicky. But I'm all right. And as The Ringmaster says, this too is "no bueno."

So, I'm signing off...I will post as I can this weekend...may have to call a friend again or whatever, but I'm gettin' well.

However, in the midst of all of this, I'm LOSING WEIGHT! That is still putting the ol' smile on my face.

Thanks, all, for joining me on this journey!

Independently,

Weltha

1 comment:

  1. Yay for loosing weight!

    I walked three days in a row! I wish the weather would stay nice now that I'm on a roll.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for havin' your say! You're an INDEPENDENT WOMAN (or an INDEPENDENT MAN!), too! Just remember, this is an ADVICE-FREE ZONE...so please send the advice back to its room, and PLEASE comment about what you've done or just join in the ray-rah!

Independently,

Weltha