The totally shame-free, actual-life, real-time blog where I tell all, show all--without nagging or whining (all right--maybe a little whining...)--in my attempt to stop being a fat middle-aged woman who avoids mirrors and clothing stores and start being a woman at home in her body...brought to you by a real woman, the Independent Weltha Herself. I won't give any advice, and I'm not asking for any--just companionship on my journey.

Every day...a new post. Every other week...my real weight. Every month...new pictures.

For every woman who has ever tried to just lose the extra weight and feel good...overall and about herself...and who lived to tell the story.


Monday, January 3, 2011

Day the 56th

Ooooooooooooooooooh, I'm so excited!

Okay, for 2 reasons:

  1. Last night, I got some exercise! I live across from a river, and I walked on the trail along the river (the lovely Riverwalk) down to our Pedestrian Bridge across the river (which was sadly closed. The bridge--not the river...). No, it wasn't very far, but it has been forever (For. Ever.) since I went for a walk outside. This is very big--it's HUGE, and I am planning as the days lengthen to do more of it.
  2. I'm RIGHT! I read in an article on Yahoo about dealing with holiday weight gain. Now, I didn't lose much if any weight, but I didn't put on a bunch either. And I found that WHAT I AM DOING already is the right thing: staying away from sugar and salt / making water my BFF / not obsessing over the scale / and loading up on vegetables and fruits.

Yes, I'm totally jazzed about both of these.

I ate way too much salad today at lunch--I mean, I was the Queen of Coleslaw and now I don't feel like eating. Period. This was Not A Good Thing, and I don't think I will repeat this. I ate way too fast, and I didn't drink water beforehand. I am learning...

Bunch of housework to do tonight because tomorrow is the day the sprayers come to my apt and it's like having the cleaning person show up: you want it to look nice, and I need to dust and vacuum and put things away...etc. That will provide some exercise, and I'm throwing out some junk (do you accumulate "stuff" that has no use?) so up and down the steps to the trash will be great exercise.

I look forward to 2011. How about you? ("I like New York in June...how about you?")

Gotta go!

Independently,

Weltha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for havin' your say! You're an INDEPENDENT WOMAN (or an INDEPENDENT MAN!), too! Just remember, this is an ADVICE-FREE ZONE...so please send the advice back to its room, and PLEASE comment about what you've done or just join in the ray-rah!

Independently,

Weltha