The totally shame-free, actual-life, real-time blog where I tell all, show all--without nagging or whining (all right--maybe a little whining...)--in my attempt to stop being a fat middle-aged woman who avoids mirrors and clothing stores and start being a woman at home in her body...brought to you by a real woman, the Independent Weltha Herself. I won't give any advice, and I'm not asking for any--just companionship on my journey.

Every day...a new post. Every other week...my real weight. Every month...new pictures.

For every woman who has ever tried to just lose the extra weight and feel good...overall and about herself...and who lived to tell the story.


Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day the 78th

Yes, yes, this is posted a day late because the conjunctivitis left me NOT wanting to look at a computer screen.

I had some popcorn, and I found that in reasonable amounts (not the 10-gallon size at the movie theater) and without the "bad" additives (movie popcorn oil...is a killer...not to mention a half-stick of butter. I mean, I'm all for butter in its place because it's natural as opposed to the two chemical steps away from plastic that margarine is...but it's so easy to drench your popcorn in fat...) it is a GREAT snack. Yes, it's carbs, but we need carbs. And it has fiber out the wazooti...I love popcorn. Love it.

Here is how I make it:" I take my own heavy steel pan with a glass lid (Calphalon that I got at the WONDERFUL Tuesday Morning--if you don't know what Tuesday Morning is, you need to move, because it has great stuff at low prices...), ad a bit of good oil in the bottom, and sprinkle in 2 tsp of popcorn. That is TWO LEVEL TEASPOONS of popcorn.

Turn the heat up to high, and when I hear it sizzlin', I start moving it around. Then I listen to the pops and when the pops slow down to 2 or more seconds between, it's done.

Yes, there is a little oil--but not much. AND...I sprinkle it very lightly with grated parmesan. As in VERY LIGHTLY. You can add other spices to it, too. It's great.

And I eat. What a great treat or a fun dinner when I am just too tired to do much else. Of course, what matters is making sure that I have the right foods prepared. You can also put some diluted Tamari in a mister and spray your popcorn.

I hate air-popped popcorn and don't mind a little oil for better flavor. It's how I roll...

Independently,

Weltha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for havin' your say! You're an INDEPENDENT WOMAN (or an INDEPENDENT MAN!), too! Just remember, this is an ADVICE-FREE ZONE...so please send the advice back to its room, and PLEASE comment about what you've done or just join in the ray-rah!

Independently,

Weltha