The totally shame-free, actual-life, real-time blog where I tell all, show all--without nagging or whining (all right--maybe a little whining...)--in my attempt to stop being a fat middle-aged woman who avoids mirrors and clothing stores and start being a woman at home in her body...brought to you by a real woman, the Independent Weltha Herself. I won't give any advice, and I'm not asking for any--just companionship on my journey.

Every day...a new post. Every other week...my real weight. Every month...new pictures.

For every woman who has ever tried to just lose the extra weight and feel good...overall and about herself...and who lived to tell the story.


Thursday, December 30, 2010

Day the 52nd Weigh-In Thursday

And it's a humdinger...This morning I weighed....240 lbs.

Well, that's what the scales said, but I have my doubts...

Last night, I went with Alyce (aka Pearl) to Casa Bonita (this is a long, complicated story about how that happened...but it was a lovely treat on Alyce's part because I was on Holiday Overload) and I ate Mexican which was delicious but also gave me major acid reflux in the night (And we have a new lesson: continue to STOP EATING after 6 pm) and is sitting in my system...

I have a feeling that I did put on some fluid weight due to the sugar last week in the frozen yogurt (I'm still regretting that one...for a variety of reasons) and also the food sitting inside of me AND the way Mexican makes this girl hold on to fluid. This is no fun, I say!

I might have weighed 230 today--but I didn't. Notice I didn't say "I SHOULD have"--that's the thinking that defeats anyone trying to get weight under control.

So...it's back to Drawing Board of Self-Discipline. I can do this.

Tomorrow, I post my TWO New Year's Resolutions for this Ride to Freedom. Both of them common sense, both of them easy.

And the reminder to us all: it's what we do every single day that counts. Girlfriend here is making some changes...and throwing out some baggage that just isn't part of her new self these days...!

ALL RIGHT READERS--WHAT ARE YOUR NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS (YOU KNOW...THE ONES YOU CAN ACTUALLY KEEP--NOT THE ONES THAT MAKE YOU FEEL GUILTY)?

To quote one of my least favorite poems--Invictus by Sir William Henley:

MY HEAD IS BLOODY BUT UNBOWED!

Will defo post tomorrow--and will wish you all a great New Year's THEN!

Thank you ALL for joining me on this ride!

Independently,

Weltha

1 comment:

  1. Oh, and by the way...the next Weigh-In will be on Wednesday, January 12, 2011.

    Why? Because I want to call it Weigh-In Wednesday--that's why!

    Independently,

    Weltha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for havin' your say! You're an INDEPENDENT WOMAN (or an INDEPENDENT MAN!), too! Just remember, this is an ADVICE-FREE ZONE...so please send the advice back to its room, and PLEASE comment about what you've done or just join in the ray-rah!

Independently,

Weltha