The totally shame-free, actual-life, real-time blog where I tell all, show all--without nagging or whining (all right--maybe a little whining...)--in my attempt to stop being a fat middle-aged woman who avoids mirrors and clothing stores and start being a woman at home in her body...brought to you by a real woman, the Independent Weltha Herself. I won't give any advice, and I'm not asking for any--just companionship on my journey.

Every day...a new post. Every other week...my real weight. Every month...new pictures.

For every woman who has ever tried to just lose the extra weight and feel good...overall and about herself...and who lived to tell the story.


Monday, December 20, 2010

Day the 42nd--Sat. and Sun. below!

If you want to read Saturday, December 18 and Sunday, December 19, they are below, waiting for you...

I'm in love again...and I love, love, love it...

Yes, it's official. I'm in love. With Cashew Butter.

And although I never advertise, I got to, got to, GOT TO mention this wonderful brand. It's called East Wind Nut Butters, made in the Ozarks of SW Missouri--from whence my own mother hailed.

Reader, it's delicious. And the price is good. And I can actually get cashew butter made from raw--not roasted--cashews with no salt added. Raw is always better--those wonderful enzymes are still active. No salt? Do I need to explain this one? It's slightly sweet because cashews are slightly sweet--swirl it in Greek yogurt, spread it on vegetables or crackers...oh yum...and it makes a great and delicious thickener for salad dressings that you whipped up from scratch with a little lemon juice and olive oil...throw in some garlic and baby, you're done.

Coleslaw at lunch today--I know, I know...but I love the stuff. And then lovely field greens and spinach and some raw cauliflower--because it's a cruciferous vegetable. SO good for you!

What I love is that I finish eating early in the day. I feel so much better when I do that.

Today, I totally forgot my knives that I use to cut open my grapefruit, and then my grapefruit knife and also my grapefruit spoon. Yes, it makes a difference!

Tomorrow, I think I'm gonna have some steamed carrots for lunch. I'm craving them again.

Oh, and at least ONE grapefruit for breakfast. Yum.

I may go see Hereafter again...I didn't absorb all of it. All right, I fell asleep for a while and missed a big chunk in the middle...and still loved the movie.

Off I go...see you tomorrow, Faithful Bloggettes...

Independently,

Weltha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for havin' your say! You're an INDEPENDENT WOMAN (or an INDEPENDENT MAN!), too! Just remember, this is an ADVICE-FREE ZONE...so please send the advice back to its room, and PLEASE comment about what you've done or just join in the ray-rah!

Independently,

Weltha