The totally shame-free, actual-life, real-time blog where I tell all, show all--without nagging or whining (all right--maybe a little whining...)--in my attempt to stop being a fat middle-aged woman who avoids mirrors and clothing stores and start being a woman at home in her body...brought to you by a real woman, the Independent Weltha Herself. I won't give any advice, and I'm not asking for any--just companionship on my journey.

Every day...a new post. Every other week...my real weight. Every month...new pictures.

For every woman who has ever tried to just lose the extra weight and feel good...overall and about herself...and who lived to tell the story.


Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day the 24th

Yes, I did it.

I used the Shake Weight thing and watched the video. Yikes is that Tracy--or whoever she is who demonstrates--skinny AND cut.

Anyhoodle...I popped the DVD in my player, picked up the weight, and had at it. Yes, I felt the burn. And I'm going to do it tonight when I get home.

Is this astounding work-out news? Probably not to people who exercise regularly, but to someone like me who thinks exercise is trying to memorize the major film makers in Das Neue Kino and French New Wave, yes, it's huge. Huge, people. Huge.

AND YES, I ate carrots today. Steamed the little buzzards and ate them with...sunflower butter. It was great. I am so proud of myself. And then...an apple on the way to choir practice with Jeff the Choirmaster, Scott the Organist, and assorted other folks, including Woodstock (aka Pinky).

Drank lots of water today--which always makes me feel good and makes my mind clear--and my eyes blue. Well, it does. It does.

Remember...I don't get to post this on Facebook every day, but you can always bookmark this blog. You can repost if you're on Facebook. It would be a major hoot to turn this thing viral.

Speaking of viral, I am also proud of myself [yes, this is Weltha Decoration Day] for faithfully washing my hands really well every chance I get and especially when I need to. I do not want to get sick. It's a lousy way to lose weight, although I did that last year. The weight returned, doggone it.

Yesterday I posted the UPDATED version of the famous Garlic Valhalla dressing that Poodle likes. Oh! watched GLEE at Poodle's last night. I love GLEE. Love it. LOVE IT. But if Finn and Rachel don't get back together, I am not going to be terribly happy...

Good night little blog-friends...This Independent Woman is going home and going to bed. After using that doggone Shake Weight thing...

Independently,

Weltha

1 comment:

  1. ok, did you make up the name of that dressing, or is there an interesting story behind it? (never know, it might come up on Jeopardy or Trivial Pursuit). I know about the regular Valhalla, but not the garlic kind.

    I recently adapted a recipe for cilantro-lime dressing. It has LF mayo, so it is not ideally healthy, but it is incredibly yummy. I added a little LF sour cream and converted it to a veggie dip.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for havin' your say! You're an INDEPENDENT WOMAN (or an INDEPENDENT MAN!), too! Just remember, this is an ADVICE-FREE ZONE...so please send the advice back to its room, and PLEASE comment about what you've done or just join in the ray-rah!

Independently,

Weltha