The totally shame-free, actual-life, real-time blog where I tell all, show all--without nagging or whining (all right--maybe a little whining...)--in my attempt to stop being a fat middle-aged woman who avoids mirrors and clothing stores and start being a woman at home in her body...brought to you by a real woman, the Independent Weltha Herself. I won't give any advice, and I'm not asking for any--just companionship on my journey.

Every day...a new post. Every other week...my real weight. Every month...new pictures.

For every woman who has ever tried to just lose the extra weight and feel good...overall and about herself...and who lived to tell the story.


Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day the 33rd (FRIDAY is below)

Today is Saturday, and I am finally blogging for two days. Friday--Day the 32nd--is below.

WHAT a great day.

My friend Woodstock (aka Pinky) and I went shopping together. He has his hearing on his prospectus Monday for his doctoral dissertation in Philosophy of Education. This is a major deal, and we went to Macy's to get something new and great for him.

Reader, we did it. Beautiful fawn-colored trousers and a jacket with the fawn brown and a subtle blue windowpane stripe. And socks. And a belt. And a tie to pull in all the colors including the gorgeous blue shirt we bought. Woodstock is very slender and elegant, and he had just bought beautiful new Italianate-styled wing-tip oxfords. This is going to be A Look.

His work is wonderful, and he will also be stunning them with how great he looks. This was so much fun. But on top of it all, when I get to my final weight, Woodstock is going to buy me an outfit. Something sexy. Not "hey, what street corner you workin' tonight?" but something that says, "She may be [long] past her 30s, but she's still Got It." What a sweetie...and the kind of long-term motivation I can really get on board with...

And then we went to Pei Wei--one of his first experiences there--and had way too much fun. And yes, I had the edamame and the spicy chicken salad.

And Tuesday night, to celebrate the prospectus hearing being over and done with, we're going to Harry Potter. I can't wait!

Today's big goals have to do with exercise. The Shake Weight [if you watched the last episode of GLEE, you heard Will Shuester mention that Sue Sylvester got a number of Shake Weights after she rigged Secret Santa to get all the gifts herself.] Who knew that it was a mini-cultural phenomenon? I'm getting out my DVD, and Lindsay and I are getting after it.

And then...the rebounder. Come hoo-hah or high waters, I am getting on it and running on it. Period. You heard it here first.

Next weekend, I am going to have some egg nog. One glass. How fun--and at some point, a piece of pumpkin cheesecake. I will probably be making it myself--had hoped to this weekend but plans changed and I have less time.

Welcome to all my new followers--we are now up to 18. I love that--thank you, ALL of you for being here on the Weltha Weight-Loss Bus, relaxing and enjoying the ride as I ... run out of this metaphor.

Still waitin' on my new pics so you can see me rockin' my Emma Watson hair cut...

Big love to you all!

Independently,

Weltha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for havin' your say! You're an INDEPENDENT WOMAN (or an INDEPENDENT MAN!), too! Just remember, this is an ADVICE-FREE ZONE...so please send the advice back to its room, and PLEASE comment about what you've done or just join in the ray-rah!

Independently,

Weltha