The totally shame-free, actual-life, real-time blog where I tell all, show all--without nagging or whining (all right--maybe a little whining...)--in my attempt to stop being a fat middle-aged woman who avoids mirrors and clothing stores and start being a woman at home in her body...brought to you by a real woman, the Independent Weltha Herself. I won't give any advice, and I'm not asking for any--just companionship on my journey.

Every day...a new post. Every other week...my real weight. Every month...new pictures.

For every woman who has ever tried to just lose the extra weight and feel good...overall and about herself...and who lived to tell the story.


Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day the 31st

Today was COLESLAW day--and TABBOULEH day!

It's the little things that make me happy. Plus really good tomatoes for this time of year, white Spanish onions neatly sliced, mushrooms, and of course, broccoli.

I hate raw broccoli; it's official. Just wanted to say that.

I'm totally stoked about doing a pumpkin cheesecake this weekend (using, of course, a rather vegan tofu and "better sweetener" recipe.) I love pumpkin...I love that it is filled with fiber and beta-carotene. Oh yeah, and it's yummy, too.

I desperately need to make my pumpkin pancakes. I'm not a vegan, and I don't get upset (I almost said "wig out" but then I thought, what if someone reading this is a vegan...I bet they don't like being told that they wig out over things...) if I eat an egg or have some dairy (generally yogurt or kefir) or eat some sort of flesh food. I just don't do a whole lot of it if I have any control over the whole shebang. There is some fairly good sweetener in them, some buttermilk and an egg. So yell at me, all right?

Love the word shebang...love it.

Anyhoodle, I ate coleslaw like a big dog today--and tabbouleh and raw spinach. If you have never eaten baby spinach raw, it's great. In fact, I want to make Eggplant Salad and eat it next week on top of raw spinach and Romaine.

I'm looking forward to whipping out my vegetarian cookbooks and making some things. I love salad, but it's cold outside, and I want some hot foods, too. Now that I'm in vegetable / fruit / tofu mode, I want to start expanding what I'm eating. And then blog about it.

Meanwhile, Choir practice was great last night, and I just love the fact that I go home and don't eat anything else. I mean, I totally love this.

And then there is the whole exercise thing. So help me...

OH, breakfast today was...an apple (I love cold crisp apples) and...wait for it...A TEXAS RUBY RED GRAPEFRUIT. I cut them in half just like my mama did, and I use my grapefruit knife to cut the sections and I eat it with my narrow, pointed silver-plated grapefruit spoon. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why anyone would put sugar on these. They are a deep red and sweet to start with--not pink--RED. And they are so good.

Let us now praise famous grapefruits...

This weekend, I may try for a grapefruit / avocado salad with some lovely homemade dressing...will report back on this.

Ah...the weekend approacheth, and I am ready for it...

Independently,

Weltha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for havin' your say! You're an INDEPENDENT WOMAN (or an INDEPENDENT MAN!), too! Just remember, this is an ADVICE-FREE ZONE...so please send the advice back to its room, and PLEASE comment about what you've done or just join in the ray-rah!

Independently,

Weltha