- He's a faithful friend--and that means a lot. He always sticks with me and is on my side.
- He's an excellent college professor--students get a great deal out of his self-discipline and his orderly presentation of work. He grades fervently to get those papers back. Soon. That takes a lot of saying "no" to other things.
- He's a really good son--his mother died, and he had the comfort of knowing he had spent time with her and been a loving son. His father is dealing with some health situations as he ages--and Keith is right there with him, visiting him on Sundays and helping him negotiate his later years.
- He's funny! Keith has a wackadoo sense of humor and the ability to play on words. He makes me laugh.
- He's intelligent. I mean, he knows stuff. I like that in people. Particularly in men (take note, fellas...I like 'em smart...)
- We like some of the same people. A lot (don't you just love the folks who love your peeps? Yeah, me too.)
- He's a guy I can hang out with who really respects women, who really is a sincere Christian without some of the weirdnesses that Tulsa can produce, and we never run out of cool things to talk about.
- He takes great care of himself, and encourages me to do the same without being nagging or preachy. That's not easy!
- He is willing to go to movies with me--in fact, I've see a few of my favorites with him.
- He's a kind, disciplined, decent person. He cares about his students--many of them talk with him and open up about their concerns. He's a good listening ear and an adult who validates their real concerns.
I admire Keith a whole bunch. I'm so glad to have him as one of my good friends. Oh, he writes essays and poetry and is good at both. Really good--and he has encouraged me to write more.I could have chosen loads of people, too. Bishop, Kathy the Cantor, Poodle, Woodstock, Dawn, Debbie, Mr. Debbie, Bill the Presence, and on and on and on I could go...and I chose Keith because he's not someone who thinks that he sorta deserves to be mentioned (not that the others do, either) as a person people admire.
But lots of them do admire him. With reason.I said it before and I'll say it again--I'm glad he's my friend.