The totally shame-free, actual-life, real-time blog where I tell all, show all--without nagging or whining (all right--maybe a little whining...)--in my attempt to stop being a fat middle-aged woman who avoids mirrors and clothing stores and start being a woman at home in her body...brought to you by a real woman, the Independent Weltha Herself. I won't give any advice, and I'm not asking for any--just companionship on my journey.

Every day...a new post. Every other week...my real weight. Every month...new pictures.

For every woman who has ever tried to just lose the extra weight and feel good...overall and about herself...and who lived to tell the story.


Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day the 127th

I woke up very happy this morning, although I could not tell you why. I just felt...happy. Eager to face the day.

And it's been a good day. Of course, the day started with a veggie sandwich on Asiago from Old School Bagel Cafe and a Blackberry-Jasmine iced tea. Yes, some days I get a bagel. There you have it. I enjoyed it immensely this morning.

And lunch was the wonderful salad-bar-at-work, complete with the good coleslaw and a bit of yummy macaroni salad. I know, lots of people think one should call it pasta salad and maybe one should but it was made with macaroni and that's what I call it. It was good. I had just a little. I liked it. A lot.

And tonight? Ah...tonight is going to be Greek Yogurt (Fage!) with blueberries and almonds (cuz we out of walnuts...) and honey and cashew butter. Oh yes, yum.

I ate bunches of tomato chunks on my salad-bar-at-work, and they made me happy. Very happy.

And tomorrow is a fun day--I will watch GLEE at lunch on my computer (you know, the one that's working better and moving faster and has a better Web browser...that computer) and then off I go to Choir practice. And of course, I enjoy that. A great deal.

No, I didn't have my halvah last night...after my popcorn, I was just too tired. Honestly, moving (twice) and then the time change (the ever-unpopular and universally-loathed "Spring Forward") has left me...tired. But today, I feel better.

My church has a wonderful Lenten study group: Christ and the Chocolaterie based on the film Chocolat, directed by Lasse Holstrom and staring Juliette Binoche, Johnny Depp, Judy Dench [excuse me, that's Dame Judy Dench], and Alfred Molina. If you haven't seen this movie, it's worth seeing--whether or not you want to find any Lenten or otherwise-Christian implications in it. It's just a good movie--and Juliette Binoche is radiant, as is Lena Olin (later in the movie, and, yes, I forgot to mention her so don't get all up in my grill... ;-)

Don't you love the way I color Chocolaterie and Chocolat the color of chocolate? Yeah, me too...

Unfortunately, our study books have not come in (boo, hiss, and snarl) so we are postponing tonight's group until next week--and we will either meet during Holy Week (which will make four straight church nights for me and other Choir members with Choir practice and the rest of the Holy Week Services...) or we'll double up one week. I'm looking forward to this so much!

Yes, tonight will be delicious yogurt and maybe some halvah...woo and hoo.

Thanks for travelling with me on this journey (I almost said "faith journey" because that's what Bishop says. A lot. And I like it.)

Independently,

Weltha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for havin' your say! You're an INDEPENDENT WOMAN (or an INDEPENDENT MAN!), too! Just remember, this is an ADVICE-FREE ZONE...so please send the advice back to its room, and PLEASE comment about what you've done or just join in the ray-rah!

Independently,

Weltha