The totally shame-free, actual-life, real-time blog where I tell all, show all--without nagging or whining (all right--maybe a little whining...)--in my attempt to stop being a fat middle-aged woman who avoids mirrors and clothing stores and start being a woman at home in her body...brought to you by a real woman, the Independent Weltha Herself. I won't give any advice, and I'm not asking for any--just companionship on my journey.

Every day...a new post. Every other week...my real weight. Every month...new pictures.

For every woman who has ever tried to just lose the extra weight and feel good...overall and about herself...and who lived to tell the story.


Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day the 128th

Tomorrow, I am going to "start something."

No, not a fight with someone...much as it sounds like I am.

I'm going to start "30 Days of Truth" in my blog. Tracey of "Life at Tracey Speed"--one of the blogs I follow and which you can find over at the right--did this some months back and posted the entire list of the "30 Days" prompts.

It seemed cool and a cool thing to do during Lent. Besides, you all have GOT to get bored reading that I had coleslaw with my lunch for the 87th consecutive day, or hear me wax eloquent on the joys of cashew butter (cool thing: one of my friends said she just has to try it so I gave told her the brand I use and the store where I buy it and another makes a cashew cream sauce which recipe I can hardly wait to get my mitts on....)

Meanwhile...today. I have to confess that I am not exercising at all. As in AT ALL, but I hope this will change because I am buying a used elliptical from a friend from grad school (back when I was there...) and I can put it in my room and...ellipticate?...while I watch a movie or read a book. How cool is that?

Yeah, I know...maybe, maybe not.

Anyhoodle, back to today. I had a cranberry-orange-walnut bagel with butter this morning...because I felt like it, OK? And then lunch was...you can guess...work salad bar...and it is getting really good. Thing is that "they" have fruit on the salad bar and I'm a believer in eating fruit on an empty stomach, letting it digest and then...yes, eating your other food later--we're talking 30 minutes, but still..what to do? what to do?

Of course, I could have nothing but fruit for lunch. That's a thought. Not my favorite because I will absolutely have to eat something later...

Anyway (because I try not to say "anyhoodle" twice in one written item or it all gets waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too precious), I am looking forward to getting the doggone scales because we NEED to know what's going on with my weight. Period. Weigh-In Wednesday is a week from today--Wednesday March 23.

Choir practice tonight...and I am going to Target on the way to research prices on a few things....I'm nothing if not a careful shopper...

Remember, tomorrow starts 30 Days of Truth....

Love you all!

Independently,

Weltha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for havin' your say! You're an INDEPENDENT WOMAN (or an INDEPENDENT MAN!), too! Just remember, this is an ADVICE-FREE ZONE...so please send the advice back to its room, and PLEASE comment about what you've done or just join in the ray-rah!

Independently,

Weltha