Oh, the things I have learned:
- I think much more clearly when I haven't had a lot of sugar and salt. Yesterday at work, I was in training and my brain wasn't quite as sharp. I had had plenty of sleep--but I think it was the sugar and salt from the Choir Party. Some people are fine with sugar and salt; I'm not one of them.
- If you are middle-aged, you know the kind of problems you can run into if you go out to eat--or worse, have fast food [it isn't called "fast" for nothing]. Let's just say that a ban on extra sugar and grease (not to mention no MSG or other food additives) + yogurt = fewer problems, and let's leave it at that. Fast food: you're not my digestive system's friend.
- Oooooh, yummy, yummy: I had Fage yogurt + blueberries + walnuts + a bit of honey + [wait for it...] cashew butter for lunch today. It was great.
- I think I will make a dip from Fage and spices + herbs for the carrots. Let's see how that works out. Will post after lunch tomorrow.
- Tonight: I need to go to the library to return books and get new videos. THEN, it will be time to get on that doggone rebounder. One of my problems is the lack of balance--I just don't have the balance I once did (and will have again) right now. I have really been lazy in making time to run on it.
- I plan to bring my new walking shoes to work because our company promotes walking and fitness. A great thing to do at lunch or at my breaks.
Looking forward to comments. I love the comments women make about what has worked for them and what hasn't; great recipes [Julie's coleslaw on Day the 5th part Deux]
Thanks, women! Comment away if any of this sounds good or doable--or if you have your own version that you have road tested (including the "I tried X; it didn't work...")