The totally shame-free, actual-life, real-time blog where I tell all, show all--without nagging or whining (all right--maybe a little whining...)--in my attempt to stop being a fat middle-aged woman who avoids mirrors and clothing stores and start being a woman at home in her body...brought to you by a real woman, the Independent Weltha Herself. I won't give any advice, and I'm not asking for any--just companionship on my journey.

Every day...a new post. Every other week...my real weight. Every month...new pictures.

For every woman who has ever tried to just lose the extra weight and feel good...overall and about herself...and who lived to tell the story.


Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day the 7th

One week of seven whole days DOWN, out of 365!

And weigh-in is tomorrow.

What a lovely weekend--our weather is glorious. Blue sky and cold, crisp air. Sometimes, a minor breeze, and the leaves crunch and rustle underfoot.

Yesterday, I made it to Pei Wei and had the Dan-Dan noodle bowl with vegetables and tofu. Too noodley for my mood these days--and not spicy enough--but I had steamed edamame and loved those.

Today was church followed by loooooooooong choir practice (preceded by Jeff the Choir Master ordering in pizza--and chicken and dressing for the salad for those of us who are not big pizza eaters. Had a great salad and was not sleepy when we started the 2 1/2 hour practice.)

Also...Marke B at church asked, "Have you lost weight?" Yes, yes I have--and even though this journey is not about the weight loss as such (I have to remind myself that it's about getting healthy through responsible eating habits), weight loss is a desired and natural consequence of what I am doing.

In a few minutes, off to Jeff the Choir Master's for the Choir party. I'm a non-drinker for a variety of reasons having to do with my health (I have no problem with people who drink; and I have no problem with those who don't. I have a problem with people who make a big hairy deal about it...but these aren't those people.) I'm going to enjoy myself, drink water or tea, and eat what I want, slowly, starting with anything vegetable-based first. I am CRAVING vegetables these days.

My eyes are stinging mostly from our town's allergens, but partly because I am beginning to detoxify. So much not fun, but the results...those I like.

Tomorrow, I will post about the party and IF I managed to run on the rebounder in my new walking shoes.

Jane--let's go walking. I will email you! I'm ready to walk and talk, talk, talk.

Big shout out to my commenters--Nancy and Jane--and many thanks.

Blog fans--I could not do this without you. You are my cheering section, and I love it! Pass this blog along to your friends, and let's get lots of women on here being independent and getting healthy.

Independently,

Weltha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for havin' your say! You're an INDEPENDENT WOMAN (or an INDEPENDENT MAN!), too! Just remember, this is an ADVICE-FREE ZONE...so please send the advice back to its room, and PLEASE comment about what you've done or just join in the ray-rah!

Independently,

Weltha