Good, because that makes one of us. No, it wasn't the worst thing on earth, but I'm going to go slowly...as in sloooooooooowly...on it because it has been...oh let me see, 10 years since I have even been on it? I'm going for 5 minutes tonight. Yes, 5 minutes. Just 5 minutes. And then see about increasing my time 1 minute every day for a while until I get to 30 minutes. Years ago, I jogged on it for 45 minutes at a time. Will keep you all informed.
- Today is Pay Day (not yesterday...) and among other things, I am going to buy a pair of walking shoes. And yes, I plan to walk tomorrow. Anyone interested? Let me know!!
- I have an event to attend tomorrow evening at Camille's and then a party tomorrow night at my Choirmaster's house. So...I plan to enjoy myself some in terms of the eats--"Weltha, I am giving you permission to have a little fun." I find that giving myself permission actually keeps me from planting my face in the food...
- The Holidays Are Coming! and that means...food. I have decided that I may feel free to eat as many as 5 single treats a week. Of course, I don't have to...but I can. Let the party begin! Here is what I want: Braum's real, creamy egg-nog; pumpkin cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory; and...actually, I think that's it! Oh, and my own pumpkin pancakes...made with good, organic ingredients. Woo hoo!
- Will look today for a recipe online for pumpkin pie made with silken tofu and a good sweetener...it's so good for me, and it tastes so yummy. In fact, I like to open a can of pumpkin, add a sweetener to it (honey, molasses, brown rice syrup) and pumpkin pie spice, heat it, and eat like a vegetable.
- Baba ghanoush, here I come after work today!
And in other news, I feel good: my joints work better, my "insides" are behaving (middle-aged people know what I am talking about), and I am waking up earlier in the mornings, looking forward to the day.
I could not do it without you all!