The totally shame-free, actual-life, real-time blog where I tell all, show all--without nagging or whining (all right--maybe a little whining...)--in my attempt to stop being a fat middle-aged woman who avoids mirrors and clothing stores and start being a woman at home in her body...brought to you by a real woman, the Independent Weltha Herself. I won't give any advice, and I'm not asking for any--just companionship on my journey.

Every day...a new post. Every other week...my real weight. Every month...new pictures.

For every woman who has ever tried to just lose the extra weight and feel good...overall and about herself...and who lived to tell the story.


Monday, November 22, 2010

Day the 15th, Part Trois

IT WORKS!!!

Here I was...feeling--as my dear late father used to say--pretty punk (as opposed to being a pretty punk or being pretty in pink...) because I had a headache from the hot place, and I felt rotten. As in, rotten.

So...I did what I knew to do--I drank water until you would have thought my Big Mason Jar was filled with Ketel One (it's not...).

And now? I feel good again. No more headache, not jittery, eyes not burning, etc.

People--it works. When you have changed the way you eat to include more raw and fresh, you will detoxify. Many times. Sometimes, worse than others. Don't go nuts on yourself and get a bag of Cheetos (Britney!). Drink lots of water, get as much rest as possible, and ride it out. You will lose weight because your body is pushing the crud (technical term) out.

And if you're real hard core [I know, I know...it's really, but I was channeling School of Rock), then have a plain water enema. Hint: in the hot weather, use cool water. In the cold weather, use warm water.

It works. Our grandmothers knew this stuff, but...icky-poo modern America has forgotten it. Don't get me started on American Attitude...

However, I have to admit that drinking water as if the mains were going to be turned off for a few hours is an easier way to go. Especially at work.

I just had to post...I feel so much better!!

Independently,

Weltha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for havin' your say! You're an INDEPENDENT WOMAN (or an INDEPENDENT MAN!), too! Just remember, this is an ADVICE-FREE ZONE...so please send the advice back to its room, and PLEASE comment about what you've done or just join in the ray-rah!

Independently,

Weltha