The totally shame-free, actual-life, real-time blog where I tell all, show all--without nagging or whining (all right--maybe a little whining...)--in my attempt to stop being a fat middle-aged woman who avoids mirrors and clothing stores and start being a woman at home in her body...brought to you by a real woman, the Independent Weltha Herself. I won't give any advice, and I'm not asking for any--just companionship on my journey.

Every day...a new post. Every other week...my real weight. Every month...new pictures.

For every woman who has ever tried to just lose the extra weight and feel good...overall and about herself...and who lived to tell the story.


Thursday, February 10, 2011

Days the 93rd and 94th

Well...ol' Ms Careful here did not go to work yesterday (Wednesday, February 9, 2011) because we had snow and it was continuing and the last thing I wanted was to be on the roads with this...snow. So...Sister Weltha is blogging for 2 days and sorry, but that's just how it is.

Yes, yes, YESTERDAY WAS INDEED WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY. [drumroll, please...]

I "weighed" 227. And I am holding fluid--I didn't drink water as I should have after my Adventure With The Nut Thins, and my amber ring still fits very tightly on the middle finger of my left hand. Ergo, I realize that I am holding fluid. I probably weigh right around 225. Or...who knows?...possibly less. I'm holding out for "less." I will be weighing in again (pun intended) in the next few days as I drink more H2O and manage to shed this bloatage...

Last night, I made an omelet--the first of my life. Not the first I've eaten--the first I've ever made.

I beat 3 eggs (because I hardly ever eat eggs) and added some Greek yogurt until it was a bit creamy and then put it in a greased skillet. Actually, it was my mom's 1-serving cast-iron skillet, which I love. By the way, Mom died 7 years ago last Sunday, February 6, and we buried her 7 years ago today, February 10. It was a beautiful service, and I did the eulogy. And I still miss her...but I have these great memories. I am so thankful for that.

Back to my omelet: I added some soy cheese and then sprinkled it with herbs and Lousiana Hot Sauce and let 'er cook. I may try another one, but I need to keep the temperature lower, I think. I might put some asparagus (sadly, the canned variety...not the fresh variety. Not yet!) in it. Oh, and I added lots of fresh pressed garlic to the mixture. Yum. I mean, YUM!

Today, I ate...salad at work and didn't finish all of it. That's fine--I had lots of fresh stuff. That was a good thing.

And now, I want to talk about my BFF, Poodle. I have called Poodle...Poodle for a few years (too long a story to go into how I came up with that nickname), and he is a true friend. Let me tell you why.

I can tell him anything--and no matter how badly it reflects on me, he doesn't condemn me. We have a sort of agreement that although we don't condone things that are wrong, we don't jump all over each other. We support and encourage each other and try to encourage the best. We can talk about the things that really matter, the deep-down-inside things that you need to be able to talk about with someone.

And Poodle is a Christian--so we pray for each other, we remind each other of God's goodness towards us and of our responsibility to be channels of that goodness and mercy.

We have fun together--we laugh at things, we cry at things--he introduced me to Glee and we have sat there watching it, wiping tears away.

He's my friend--he's always on my side. I'm always on his side. We're "in it to the end"--just like a marriage; 'til death do us part. In fact, I think the good friendships are like marriages in a way--committment, loyalty, sticking with a person, bringing out the best in them.

Sometimes, a girl needs to tell people how much someone means to her. And my friend Poodle is a true friend. I consider him one of the great treasures of my life. And the fact that he thinks I'm smart, pretty and spiritual--and funny--hey! that stuff doesn't hurt either.

I have the coolest friends. and in the days to come, I'm going to talk about a few more of them and what they mean to me.

But Poodle...ah, he's the BFF--the Best Friend Forever.

And that always puts a smile on my face and a song in my heart.

Independently,

Weltha



1 comment:

  1. Poodle's tail's a waggin' after reading the recent post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for havin' your say! You're an INDEPENDENT WOMAN (or an INDEPENDENT MAN!), too! Just remember, this is an ADVICE-FREE ZONE...so please send the advice back to its room, and PLEASE comment about what you've done or just join in the ray-rah!

Independently,

Weltha