The totally shame-free, actual-life, real-time blog where I tell all, show all--without nagging or whining (all right--maybe a little whining...)--in my attempt to stop being a fat middle-aged woman who avoids mirrors and clothing stores and start being a woman at home in her body...brought to you by a real woman, the Independent Weltha Herself. I won't give any advice, and I'm not asking for any--just companionship on my journey.

Every day...a new post. Every other week...my real weight. Every month...new pictures.

For every woman who has ever tried to just lose the extra weight and feel good...overall and about herself...and who lived to tell the story.


Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day the 103rd

Oh Dear Readers, I did it. I ate it.

All right, before my readership conjures visions of me face-planting in a Sara Lee cake, the truth is that I ate the tamale entree at work's cafeteria.

I am a fool for tamales as was my father before me. These were the real deal, steamed in corn husks. Beef tamales. A bit dry-ish, but plenty of Louisiana Hot Sauce helped that. They were good--I had promised myself that the very next time they showed up on the menu, I would have some. And I did. I enjoyed them.

And now, it's back to very careful eating although I did manage to go to a Chinese Buffet and had mostly vegetables--why? All together now...because I like vegetables, that's why!

Today, I am putting all the finishing touches on plans to move--I have a very fine storage unit all rented (you know, one of those "environmentally controlled" ones--and for a good price), I have bought boxes and tape. I will be doing my Change of Address soon. I am excited.

Life is so good. Not perfect, but good. And I am so happy.

And that's it! I'm going to try to do a little friend shout-out in the next few days to another of my BFFs.

I have the best friends in the world--and the best people in my life.

You're one of them. Thanks for being here.

Independently,

Weltha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for havin' your say! You're an INDEPENDENT WOMAN (or an INDEPENDENT MAN!), too! Just remember, this is an ADVICE-FREE ZONE...so please send the advice back to its room, and PLEASE comment about what you've done or just join in the ray-rah!

Independently,

Weltha