The totally shame-free, actual-life, real-time blog where I tell all, show all--without nagging or whining (all right--maybe a little whining...)--in my attempt to stop being a fat middle-aged woman who avoids mirrors and clothing stores and start being a woman at home in her body...brought to you by a real woman, the Independent Weltha Herself. I won't give any advice, and I'm not asking for any--just companionship on my journey.

Every day...a new post. Every other week...my real weight. Every month...new pictures.

For every woman who has ever tried to just lose the extra weight and feel good...overall and about herself...and who lived to tell the story.


Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day the 107th WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY

[drumroll...] And the envelope, please...my weight today was....223-224.

I'm holding fluid. Either that, or the bagels done got to me...

Either way, I'm not worrying about it. Right now is not a normal time because I'm moving...packing, packing, packing, and dealing with various logistics. It's not horrible...but it's not like a picnic in the park (which, with our lovely weather, is sounding very nice right now...)

AND YES I HAD A BAGEL THIS MORNING, ALL RIGHT? I had the Veggie Sandwich on Asiago this morning. I mean, I just wanted to. It's a little treat.

It is not--as I frequently remind myself--the same thing as making a big bowl of Jello Chocolate Pudding and then eating the whole thing on one sitting. And yes, I have actually made the Devil's Food Fudge version WITH chocolate milk...and then we wonder why Weltha has been the large economy size...

Actually, we don't wonder at all. We know why...

Last night, I was extremely tired, and I went first to Wal*Mart Neighborhood Market only to discover that they did not--horrors!--have the Sabra Roasted Garlic Hummus. So...off I went to Food Pyramid, which did INDEED have it--and also an eyeshadow thingy that I wanted (a 2-ended crayon that creates the proverbial "smoky eye") and...get this...it was not marked with a price. So, I took it up to the checkout and asked them to check the price because, see, if it was in the $6-7 range, I wasn't going to bother right now. But, if it was lurking around $4-5, then...it was going home with me.

There was no price on it. Period. It came up as $0.00, which would have been fine with me, but the lovely young checker felt I ought to pay something (and she was right) so she charged me $1.50. Which is like nothin'...

I'm still smiling over that.

Today, I ate the rest of my Roasted Garlic Hummus later in the day after my bagel sandwich (and the hummus was kinda salty so let's blame it all on the hummus...) and then salad bar (are you getting tired of hearing that? Just for the sake of my blog readership, I may have to come up with a new lunch menu...) and probably nothing else today. I'm really not hungry right now, and it's getting time to go...

Choir practice tonight--and get this. Jeff the Choirmaster is a grandfather to a darling little girl. We are all very excited for him. She is a little sweetie...and he is a big (but not too big; Jeff the C has been losing weight, too, and is looking so skinny it's not even funny, but rather inspiring...) sweetie himself.

People, people, people. Honestly, I will be so happy when this move is over...but it's not the worst thing in the world. No, not at all, and if I'm complaining, I'll stop right now.

Love you all...and once the move is over, I'm hittin' the weight-loss and exercise good and HARD. There's that High School Reunion in October and then there are the holidays and Woodstock's graduation.

Not to mention who-knows-what-else...

Tomorrow, we have a major shout-out to another BFF--Grammy Jean.

Love you all...

Independently,

Weltha

1 comment:

  1. Hi Weltha! Just stoppin' by your blog and wanted to congratulate you on your journey! I think you're doing a great job and it's inspiring to see someone work towards their goals. So thanks for the lift!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for havin' your say! You're an INDEPENDENT WOMAN (or an INDEPENDENT MAN!), too! Just remember, this is an ADVICE-FREE ZONE...so please send the advice back to its room, and PLEASE comment about what you've done or just join in the ray-rah!

Independently,

Weltha