The totally shame-free, actual-life, real-time blog where I tell all, show all--without nagging or whining (all right--maybe a little whining...)--in my attempt to stop being a fat middle-aged woman who avoids mirrors and clothing stores and start being a woman at home in her body...brought to you by a real woman, the Independent Weltha Herself. I won't give any advice, and I'm not asking for any--just companionship on my journey.

Every day...a new post. Every other week...my real weight. Every month...new pictures.

For every woman who has ever tried to just lose the extra weight and feel good...overall and about herself...and who lived to tell the story.


Friday, April 1, 2011

Day the 144th - Day 16 of 30 Days of Truth


Yikes-A-Mundo, I'm tired.


Of course, that's what happens when you go to bed at about midnight and then get up at 4:30 am...


I'm going to a funeral today and found out yesterday that the time was changing from 6 pm to 3 pm...so, in early, worked late yesterday, short lunch today...get in all my hours and still make the service...Patty Shaefer, may you rest in peace and may the light of God's presence shine upon you eternally.


This is going to be fast--I'm typing on my break. Last night I had popcorn for dinner (because it was fast and easy, that's why...) and then I made the Vegan Dark Chocolate Mousse (no, I'm not going Vegan as such--I just tend to eat that way a great deal--but not all--of the time)


It's great. My changes made all the diffo...


So...here is the recipe:


1 lb firm Silken tofu (Mori-Nu brand--and it's on the aisles not in the frig section--that's 2 packages. You will need to take all of one and about 1/2 of another to make your 16 oz=1 lb...)

1/2 cup soy milk (I use vanilla flavored...)

1/2 cocoa

1/4 carob powder (and you need to use the carob because it enhances the chocolate flavor...trust me on this...)

6 T. sugar OR 3 T. Powdered Stevia (I use the Powdered Stevia; if you use another sweetener in place of sugar, you're on your own. BTW, I think all the "sugar substitutes" are dangerous poison...just sayin'...)

1/4 t. vanilla extract (I use the Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla from Watkins...)

Pinch of sea salt


Now, you can substitute as much as you want but remember, I said to use the cocoa and the carob. The silken soy has a delicate texture--MUCH different from the texture of the soy in the refrigerator case. Also, lousy vanilla, bad sugar substitute (or hey! refined white sugar from beets...), and regular salt...well, it's not as good for you AND it won't taste great.


THEN, I used my handy hand-held mixer and just mixed and mixed and mixed, and scraped down the sides and mixed some more at high speed.


Spoon it into 4 parfait type glasses and chill covered.


It has a somewhat fluffy texture and it's good. AND it's good for you--not bad at all. Yes, you need SOME salt in your diet. You do. And this is very little.


Today, a banana for breakfast. And Work Salad Bar for lunch today. Yum. And I mean it...


Now...Day 16 of 30 Days of Truth


And the prompt is:


What Brings You The Greatest Joy?


I would have to say that it's the knowledge that I have made someone's life easier, encouraged them, helped them, or taught them and changed them. In other words, it's when I'm "in my purpose" as Janis says.


I'm sure that one day when I finally bother to get married (and when I finally bother to meet someone...), I will find great joy in that relationship. But I'm convinced that relationships are not the greatest joy although they are tied into it. The relationship--of any sort, and i'm not privileging romantic/sexual ones--is a good thing but to find the greatest joy in it in and of itself is to burden that relationship with more than it can handle.


We were put on earth for a purpose. I know what mine is--to some degree; I don't think we ever fully understand all of our purpose in this life. We experience a general exfoliation (I'm using it in a literary and classical sense--we're not talking about your scrubby mask for your skin...) of our purposes, a general unfolding if you will.


I am convinced my greatest joy comes from--in the words of the Book of Acts in an unusual translation--"serving the purpose of God in my generation."


That's my ultimate goal. I mean, along the way, I want to enjoy literature, film, theater, music, friendships, love, you name it...but I want to serve God's purpose in my generation. And I know my small part in that purpose; that gives me the greatest joy.


Independently,


Weltha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for havin' your say! You're an INDEPENDENT WOMAN (or an INDEPENDENT MAN!), too! Just remember, this is an ADVICE-FREE ZONE...so please send the advice back to its room, and PLEASE comment about what you've done or just join in the ray-rah!

Independently,

Weltha