- My dad was probably Springfield, Missouri's first traffic casualty (not fatality because he was 3 years old and hadn't married and had us at the time...)
- My brothers are mirror identical twins (look it up...very interesting)
- My mom worked for and volunteered for the American Red Cross for a total of 50 years.
- My mom had one Confederate grandfather and one Union grandfather.
- Mom's Confederate grandfather was kin to the Dalton gang of outlaws and let them sleep overnight in the barn once when my grandmother Daisy was 9 years old.
- On Dad's side, we are related distantly (by marriage) to John Wilkes Booth
- Mom's Confederate grandfather had a first cousin in Tennessee who sold a little slave girl to a farmer in Diamond, Missouri (slavery is a bad thing and so is selling a child). The little girl was named Mary and she was sold to Moses Carver. Mary grew up to become the mother of George Washington Carver...
- My mom was a double cousin (same cousins through both parents) because her mother Daisy married her father H. P. and H. P's sister Molly married Daisy's brother Jim. No, no one married someone they were related to...so don't start that up with me....
- I was the first student in my high school history to be a Merit Finalist.
- I won a pie-eating contest 2 years in a row...
All right, that last one isn't much but hey! My family is without question "one of a kind."
You read it here first.