The totally shame-free, actual-life, real-time blog where I tell all, show all--without nagging or whining (all right--maybe a little whining...)--in my attempt to stop being a fat middle-aged woman who avoids mirrors and clothing stores and start being a woman at home in her body...brought to you by a real woman, the Independent Weltha Herself. I won't give any advice, and I'm not asking for any--just companionship on my journey.

Every day...a new post. Every other week...my real weight. Every month...new pictures.

For every woman who has ever tried to just lose the extra weight and feel good...overall and about herself...and who lived to tell the story.


Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day the 148th - Day 20 of 30 Days of Truth


Hey, sports fans! Do you know what tomorrow is?


Uh huh...it's Weigh-In Wednesday. And Sister here will be a-weighin' in...


In other news, I have already talked on "yesterday's post which was posted today" about what I have eaten AND I am going to have a sliced apple with cashew butter (maybe...or maybe not...) this evening. Or grapes. Or popcorn.


So...here we go with Day 20 of 30 Days Of Truth...


And the prompt is:


What Is Your Favorite Quote?


I could take weeks on this one because I would want to post 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Runners Up and Honorable Mentions and Special Jury Prizes, but the truth is, this is the one:


"I believe in the end that all will come right"--Winston Churchill


If you've been following this blog, you know that Winston is my hero...I once dated a guy after finding out that Winston was his hero, too. Okay, it didn't turn into Love's Young Dream, but we're friends to this day.


And in the darkest hours of WWII when Nazi invasion seemed likely, when England stood alone, Churchill said this in many speeches.


And my life--which has had its own dark hours--has benefited because I believe that in the end, all will come right. I do indeed.


All right, there is actually a tie: from J. R. R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings, comes this statement from Gandalf: "I believe that there is more at work in the world, Frodo, than the will of evil."


There have been times I felt that evil was so strong and goodness so small...but this reminded me of the great truth from the Bible (yes, here I go...) that we are "not to be overcome by evil but overcome evil with good."


There you have it. This is a short post because I have to eat and then I have to slap on makeup and go to the Lenten Study tonight although I would just like to go home and relax. Oh well!


Independently,


Weltha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for havin' your say! You're an INDEPENDENT WOMAN (or an INDEPENDENT MAN!), too! Just remember, this is an ADVICE-FREE ZONE...so please send the advice back to its room, and PLEASE comment about what you've done or just join in the ray-rah!

Independently,

Weltha