The totally shame-free, actual-life, real-time blog where I tell all, show all--without nagging or whining (all right--maybe a little whining...)--in my attempt to stop being a fat middle-aged woman who avoids mirrors and clothing stores and start being a woman at home in her body...brought to you by a real woman, the Independent Weltha Herself. I won't give any advice, and I'm not asking for any--just companionship on my journey.

Every day...a new post. Every other week...my real weight. Every month...new pictures.

For every woman who has ever tried to just lose the extra weight and feel good...overall and about herself...and who lived to tell the story.


Monday, April 4, 2011

Day the 146th (Sun. 4/3) - Day 18 of 30 Days of Truth


Hey campers! Once again, let's pretend it's...Sunday...okay? Good.


Got up...earlier than planned (dang! why can't I sleep until 8?) and got ready for church and then it was off to Bagel-O-Rama for an orange-cranberry-walnut bagel with honey almond cream cheese. With a large Blackberry Jasmine iced tea. Right, you're so surprised.


I know...I'm helpless these days in the face of bagels. And they are just down the street. And they are so good--and owned and operated (the store, not the actual bagels themselves; how would one "operate" a bagel?) by my friend Scott. And then to church to choir practice (great job on the duet, Jerry J and Virginia the Fellow Alto) at 9:30 am and time to chat with Woodstock (whom we are now officially returning to his OTHER nickname "Mischa" because he is no longer wearing his hair a la Woodstock but rather longer and thank you LORD he is using product which makes his hair look wonderful and he's lookin' great in fact yesterday, except for the doggone T-shirt and I do nag his socks off about not wearing a v-necked T-shirt under his shirts, he looked perfect, okay I might rethink the socks but honestly they added a certain wit to his ensemble) and show him pictures of me as a little and not-so-little weezer...


And then to lunch with the choir and FOC (friends of choir) and I would have gone with Rack and Eric and Kathy the Cantor to this movie with friends but I was meeting my friend Louix to see this wonderful Winston Churchill documentary by the Wiesenthal Center's Moriah films and it was great. Lunch with the choir was a sandwich at Mazzios, and I'm sorry to say that although it was delicious, I am sure the contents and ingredients were suspect...doggone it. And after Louix and I saw the documentary which we loved, we went to Bill and Ruth's for a sub and I got a Reuben, although to be fair, I always tell them "light on the corned beef and heeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaavy on the sauerkraut" because we knows I loves me some cabbage...


I ate an awful lot yesterday. An awful lot...I have got to get with it...


And now...we bring you Day 18 of 30 Days of Truth with the following prompt:


What Are Your Top 3 Favorite Moments In Your Life?


This is not easy--I have had many great and wonderful moments (and tomorrow is the 3 least favorite and yes, I've had more than three of THOSE)


I'll make a list with a little--or a lot--commentary:


  1. Going to Chartwell, Winston Churchill's estate, in Kent in the UK back in 2005 in the summer. It was a moment I had waited for my entire life, and it did not disappoint. I sat on the retaining wall on the back garden and doggone it I should have brought my disc of photos so I could include a picture...and looked out over the beautiful Kentish Weald as it slopes down toward the sea. I visited with a couple who lived in the area and who had been deported to Wales as children because Kent was so heavily bombed. I also talked to a lovely older woman who visited Chartwell every time she felt "low" since the death of her husband less than a year earlier. It was a sublime moment.

  2. Finding out--and then actually hearing it as he introduced me--that Bill the Presence had referred to me as "brilliant." I mean, Bill is Brilliant (with a capital "B") and I have looked up to him ever since I was his student back in 2005 (yes, a banner year). And to have him tell people I'm brilliant, well, it's pretty doggone wonderful. I try not to think to myself, "Bill needs to get out more..."

  3. Receiving "Teacher of the Year" from the Class of '87 at the Christian School where I taught. That class was very dear to me--they still are--and it was a wonderful wonderful moment and yes, I still have the plaque (packed away.) and I'm in touch with so many of those students. It was a great moment.

There is a degree to which these were random choices--I have had many wonderful moments in my life. Trying to pick 3 would be like trying to pick my 3 favorite breaths of air. All of the good moments, great and small, have been...really good. Still, those three are very special to me. I probably should have a sign that reads, "Will work for praise and recognition..."


This evening, I post on my 3 LEAST favorite moments...what, only 3? Ah well, they are in the past, and that's a great thing.


Independently,


Weltha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for havin' your say! You're an INDEPENDENT WOMAN (or an INDEPENDENT MAN!), too! Just remember, this is an ADVICE-FREE ZONE...so please send the advice back to its room, and PLEASE comment about what you've done or just join in the ray-rah!

Independently,

Weltha