The totally shame-free, actual-life, real-time blog where I tell all, show all--without nagging or whining (all right--maybe a little whining...)--in my attempt to stop being a fat middle-aged woman who avoids mirrors and clothing stores and start being a woman at home in her body...brought to you by a real woman, the Independent Weltha Herself. I won't give any advice, and I'm not asking for any--just companionship on my journey.

Every day...a new post. Every other week...my real weight. Every month...new pictures.

For every woman who has ever tried to just lose the extra weight and feel good...overall and about herself...and who lived to tell the story.


Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day the 167th

This is short and sweet, blogglings...

Went to lunch today with Grammy Jean (way too much fun) and had French Onion Soup (it was okay...not a great version) and then a 1/2 Reuben Sandwich, 'cause The Weltha never gets enough of corned beef and sauerkraut. We exchanged gifts and I now have lovely Cotton Blossom Lotion and Cologne AND a beautiful handmade cap that goes with my good coat. So lovely!

I am ever so tired - and very few Thanksgiving plans! For once, I'm thrilled. I will have my own lunch with The Wonder Cats, and read books, and organize (I love unpacking and sorting and putting things away), and watch movies...

After The Dinner Party That Consumed My Life, I'm glad to have some time to myself. It's not simply the work and expense (although, boy! it was that...) but a difficult guest and the fallout from it. So glad this thing is in the past, now...

Tonight, I want to make more White Bean Chili With Chicken and a few more things to have my own delicious Thanksgiving Dinner With The Wonder Cats.

Next week, I'm getting my Christmas Tree! I'm so excited - I haven't had one in many years, and Mimsey and Horatius (the Wonder Cats) will be...interested, I'm sure.

Meanwhile, Topic of the Day is....

Lipstick

I'm a Lipstick Girl - I love lipstick. I love heavy, creamy-rich lipsticks that are so pigment dense; I love the sheerest glosses; I love the longlasting ones where you swipe on the liquid, let it dry, and then put a glosscoat over it.

It's a Girl Thing (and I can call myself a Girl), Baby, and you just wouldnt' understand!

One of the things I love is that I have this red lipstick called "Evangeline" that I use as a rouge - and it's perfect. I look so healthy and natural. And then a little rubbed into my lips, topped with gold gloss...exquisite.

I have these two glosses that I adore - one is sort of a pale, tawny gold, and the other is this warm toffee color.

I have these Colour Juices from one company that taste so good and look even better.

I love the feel of it, the smell of it, whipping it out and using it discreetly in a restaurant. I get favorite colors that I wear for weeks only to find a new favorite color. Or favorite texture. Or scent.

Men, you don't know what you're missing...it's the Ultimate Girl Accessory. My friend Debbie's daughter had this really awful lipstick when she was very little - a discard from her mom, a sort of chalky pink. And she'd smear it on her tiny little mouth and say, "Wook at my wipstick!" It was very cute.

I love sealing an envelope with a lipstick stain - "SWAK!" - Sealed With A Kiss.

I love putting lip balm on my lips and then just a glide of lipstick...my mouth looks so gorgeous afterwards...

Here is to being a woman. It's great. I love it. I love all the things that go with it.

Especially...Lipstick...

Independently,

Weltha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for havin' your say! You're an INDEPENDENT WOMAN (or an INDEPENDENT MAN!), too! Just remember, this is an ADVICE-FREE ZONE...so please send the advice back to its room, and PLEASE comment about what you've done or just join in the ray-rah!

Independently,

Weltha